29 weeks

Yesterday baby was 29 weeks :)

Sorry in advance… this post is going to be long!

On Friday I had another appointment. The good part was getting to hear his heartbeat again :) Our baby boy is still growing and kicking and his heartbeat is still SO loud and fast! I wish they would record it for me so I could take it home with me and listen all day.

The bad part – this appointment included the glucose tolerance test. At my last appointment, I was given a bottle of Glucola to drink exactly 45 minutes before the test. I described the stuff to Chris as 10x concentrated orange soda without the carbonation. Gross :( I felt icky all day. No results ’til Wednesday, and I have no idea why – when Brian checks his bloodsugars everyday, he gets results in 2 seconds. Hmm.

I also happen to be one of the lucky people who have an Rh- bloodtype, O negative, so they also gave me a Rhogam shot. This prevents my blood from attacking my baby boy’s blood, should the two ever come in contact. So I was glad for the shot, but it was probably the thickest needle I’ve ever had stuck in me! All of this, and Chris could not come to the appointment with me :( But I survived! And celebrated by eating a yummy blueberry muffin in the parking garage before driving back home :)

We are now officially down to the every-two-weeks appointment schedule instead of every four weeks. Which means I get to hear my baby boy’s heartbeat even more often! :)

In other news…

…the past week was very crazy! And I need to brag about my husband ’cause, well, he’s awesome :) Last Monday, Chris came home with a rose :) I then proceeded to cry during our dinner of leftover chili, and I have no idea why… umm, except for the fact that there’s a little person growing in me who seems to dictate the occurrence of such unexpected emotional displays…

Last Tuesday was my birthday. Monday night, while I had to work a couple more hours, Chris “set up” my birthday. I had no idea what that meant, besides the fact that I had to sit in the office with the door closed while he did something more than wrap a present. So, Tuesday morning Chris got up early with me (I had to start work at 7am) and made breakfast :) Have I ever mentioned he makes the best ever eggs??? He does :) Then before he left for work he handed me a note, which was actually the first clue in a scavenger hunt (the more-than-wrapping that I had to sit in my office for the previous night!). I got to search for clues between grading and meeting with students during my 9 hours of working that day, and it eventually led me to a dark chocolate bar in the freezer, then to a nook case, then to a nook! :) And he took me out for ribs and ice cream :) … not at the same time of course! ‘Cause, you know, that would be silly…

Wednesday… hmmm… I do not remember Wednesday very well. Who knows???

Thursday Chris’ soccer team of 8-yr-olds had a game :) … and I had a strange craving for blueberry muffins and suddenly became the pregnant lady who makes her husband go with her to the store at strange hours of the night for randomly craved food items. Then that night… I spilled a glass of water on my laptop :( It was closed, and we went through all sorts of measures to try to make sure water wasn’t in there, but the next morning it did not turn on. I cried a lot. My laptop was my first anniversary present from Chris. Chris just says “it wasn’t going to last forever” … he thinks so much more logically than I do. He’s good for me.

Friday I had my appointment, as you already know. I think I cried most of the day over my laptop, too. Fridays are date nights… and Chris planned a perfect night, complete with gelato from this cute couple-owned place :)

Saturday I went to check on my laptop just in case and…. it turned on! I don’t know how or why, but it did! :) I am beyond thrilled! :) I then proceeded to feel silly for crying over it for about 36 hours.

Sunday was a lazy lazy day… and it was nice :)

We had Monday off, and that morning I was crabby because I woke up early and couldn’t fall back aseleep, despite trying for 2 hours. Then Chris got up, took Sky – who was being noisy – out to the living room so I could sleep more, and then he cleaned the whole kitchen! Including my least favorite parts to clean!

He is so good :) I am so blessed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s